Welcome to Sickleholme Golf Club. Founded in 1898 Sickleholme is a friendly club nestling in the heart of the beautiful Peak District in Derbyshire some 13 miles from Sheffield, 16 miles from Chesterfield and 15 miles from Glossop. With an undulating parkland course of 6,064 yards, (ladies 5,399 yards) and stunning views, it is hard to find a more spectacular or picturesque venue.
After playing the great course Bobby Locke was so impressed that a painting of the 13th hole graced his home mantelpiece in South Africa for many years.
Some testing holes await you on the impeccably manicured course with enviable greens, which have all seen extensive improvements over recent years. The nature of the course and the care which is lavished on it, results in it rarely being closed during the winter months.
You will find Sickleholme to be a friendly and welcoming club and we request that visitors take a moment to familiarise themselves with the information below.
We ask that all visitors respect the basic dress code and take note of the following:
- On arrival the organiser is kindly asked to see the Manager/Professional to settle the balance for all green fees.
- Please respect your booked tee time.
- Play should commence from the 1st tee using the yellow tee markers.
- All players must have a current handicap certificate which should be available on request.
- All players are asked to observe the rules of good golf etiquette whilst on the course and in the clubhouse.
- Buggy users are asked to strictly adhere to the buggy route around the course as depicted on the issued map.
- The use of mobile phones is prohibited both on the course and in the clubhouse, except in the case of an emergency.
- No food or drink should be consumed in the clubhouse unless purchased on the premises.
- Catering arrangements should be made with our caterer at least 14 days before your visit.
- Your account must be settled on the day of your visit.
A warm welcome is extended to all visitors in our comfortable sun lounge and dining room overlooking the 18th hole and there is SkyTV and a snooker table in the bar.
Groups and societies are encouraged to discuss their requirements in advance with our Golf professional who can help with the organisation and smooth running of your event. We have an electronic leader-board in the bar area where scores can be displayed.